Become a Patron of the Band!
Click here to make your contribution
This has been an unusual school year, but our Band staff and students have risen to the occasion and made the most of the opportunities they've had, whatever form they've taken.
We're all dealing with the effects of the current situation in many ways, so we completely understand if this isn't the time for you to consider a contribution to the Band program. But if it is a possibility for you, or any family member, it would be greatly appreciated.
Over 80% of our yearly operating expenses come from the Decatur Band Parent Association, a 501c3 organization. Understandably, business sponsorships are very limited this year, and that impact is being felt.
Through this new initiative, you can help make a difference and provide a richer, fuller experience for our talented musicians.
As a Patron of the Band, your donation will support long-term and short-term goals, including:
- Guest professional musicians to provide masterclasses for our students
- A collection of new bass clarinets, tenor saxophones, and baritone saxophones (more than $2,000 per instrument)
- A new sousaphone (more than $8,000)
- Sheet music and new pieces for performance ($100 per piece)
- Scholarships for students to participate in our regionally competitive marching band and winter guard
- Wednesday, December 1
- Friday, December 3
- Saturday, December 4
- Sunday, December 5
- Wednesday, December 8
- Thursday, December 9