Financial Assistance Information for Marching Band 2018
The Decatur High School Band Parents Association (DHSBPA) provides limited assistance to students who wish to participate in the Marching Band program but are unable to pay the full cost of band dues or need extra time to pay. All program funds are raised through donations, grants and business sponsorships.
As financial assistance is limited, students are also encouraged to fully participate in band-sponsored fund-raising efforts for students, where monies raised are credited to student accounts.
Financial assistance can be awarded as:
- Deferred payment program
- Reduced annual dues
To request financial aid:
- Print and complete the Financial Assistance form for Marching Band 2018. Click here for financial aid form with instructions
- Submit to Mr. Truan, DHS Band Director, by June 1st, 2018. Or Mail, DHS Band Director, 520 West Ponce De Leon Avenue, PO Box 790,Decatur, GA 30031
- Applications are reviewed and decisions made by DHSBPA Co-Presidents and Mr. Truan based on:
- Financial Need
- Good standing in band programs and academics, as well as displaying good citizenship at Decatur High School
- Family and student support for the band program
- Those applying for assistance will be notified of decisions by June 15th and band account will be credited by July 1, 2018.
- Tuesday, September 25
- Wednesday, September 26
- Thursday, September 27
- Friday, September 28
- Saturday, September 29
- Tuesday, October 2